Photo Courtesy of Jennifer Peterson
We unite around the common philanthropic goal of supporting the community of Artesia, New Mexico and surrounding area through funding endeavors in the Arts, Education, Humanities, Science, and Technology. In order to honor the legacy of our founders, S.P. and Estelle Yates, the Foundation grants 75% of its total annual giving to non-profit organizations in New Mexico, with a minimum of 50% of our giving occurring in the City of Artesia or Eddy County. A maximum of 25% of funds given each year may be granted to recipients outside the State of New Mexico including international causes.
Type of Grants Awarded
• General Operating Support: To assist with the general operating expenses of a non-profit organization such as salaries, overhead, office and program supplies.
• Program Support: To assist with program-related expenses that deliver services to the clients an organization serves.
• Professional Development: To assist with expenses related to training and professional development for staff members. For example, the Foundation would consider funding part of travel and registration expenses to a conference focused on organizational, program, and/or fund development.
• Capacity Building: To assist with expenses related to Board Retreats, Strategic Planning, and other consultant-based opportunities focused on organizational stability and sustainability.
• School-based Educational Opportunities: To assist educators in providing extra-curricular activities to their students that focus on visual art, music, dance, drama, arts integration, science, and technology.
• Capital Campaigns
Grants will be made only to organizations that are tax-exempt as defined in Section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Grants are not made for the following purposes:
• Political Organizations: Grants are not made to political campaigns, events, or organizations whose purpose is to promote political candidates;
• Lobbying: Grants are not made for lobbying;
• Individuals: Neither grants nor loans are made directly to, or for, individuals.
©2014 S.P. & Estelle Yates Family Foundation. All rights reserved.